Spells are a kind of Special Technique that can be learned by various magical users. Not all of them can be passed on by the Master/Student Relationship, but most of them can. Skills are the abilities learned by using a weapon equipped by the character; to view them, go to Template:Weapons and chopse, under 'Lists', the relevant game.
Usage[edit | edit source]
Range[edit | edit source]
Spells can have up to a 3x3 tile area of effect, and can be upgraded to have ranges of over 5 tiles. There are nine different area of effect zones, each affecting more tiles than the last.
Spells[edit | edit source]
Offensive spells are split into 4 elements: Fire, Wind, Ice and Star. There are also Healing spells, spells that inflict status ailments and cure status ailments. Spells have different ranks of power, ranging from Normal (spell name), Mega, Giga, Omega, Tera, and Peta, though only some games have all six tiers of spells. Classes have resistances to elements, some have neutral resistances, 50% resistance in one element, -50% in another and 0% in the third element. Until Disgaea 5: Alliance of Vengeance, Star had no separate element resistance for it, but D5 does have a Star resist.
These are the basic spells.
- Fire (fire damage)
- Ice (ice damage)
- Wind (wind damage)
- Star (star damage)
- Heal (restore HP)
- Espoir (eliminates status conditions)
- Braveheart (increase attack)
- Shield (increase defense)
- Magic Boost (increase intelligence)
- Magical Wall (increase resistance)
- Speed Boost (increase speed)
- Target Lock (increase hit)
- Enfeeble (decrease attack)
- Armor Break (decrease defense)
- Mind Break (decrease intelligence)
- Resist Break (decrease resistance)
- Slow (decrease speed)
- Bind (decrease hit)