- Main article: Majin
The Majin is the ultimate and final unlockable class in Disgaea: Hour of Darkness and its remakes. The requirements to unlock the class itself are substantial, but once the class is unlocked, a player will find that the game will become incredibly easy.
All of the Majin tiers have an 'S' in Weapon Mastery for all weapons, so a Majin can wield whatever weapon the player may wish them to use. On top of that, all their stat Aptitudes are 110% for the first three tiers, and 120% for the last three tiers, which means that Majins will always fully benefit and then some from any Weapon, Armor, or whatever else the player may equip to them.
A player will only have to face a Majin a few times in the game, and never during the main game. Noted below are the only times that any Majins will appear as enemies in the game.
- Promotion Exam 7, Lv. 50 Majin
- Warrior Maiden, after defeating Priere. Level 1800 Divine Majin x 2
- Beauty of Evil, after defeating Marjoly. Level 2200 Divine Majin x 3
- As either an Item God or an Item God 2 in the Item World. Divine Majin, level varies.
- In high Rank items in the Item world.