Special classes are used by unique characters. No other character can have these classes.
Story Characters' ClassesEdit
Bonus Characters' ClassesEdit
Available during the storyEdit
DLC Character's ClassesEdit
Generic classes are classes used by characters that you create at the Dark Assembly, or that you capture during battle.
Unlocking Generic ClassesEdit
At the beginning of the game, you can create Warriors, Valkyries, Martial Artists, Fight Mistresses, Magicians, Mages, Priests, Healers, Prinnies, Spirits, and Winged Warriors. To unlock additional humanoid classes, you typically need to get characters in other humanoid classes to certain levels, though there may be other requirements. To unlock additional monster classes, you simply need to defeat that type of monster in battle at least once. See each class's page for more information.
Unlocking Humanoid ClassesEdit
- Thief: Level 5 Martial Artist or Fight Mistress
- Onmyo Monk: Complete Episode 2, Level 10 Magician or Mage, Level 10 Priest or Healer
- Archer: Level 15 Warrior or Valkyrie or Priest or Healer, character with rank 5 Bow Mastery
- Gunner: Level 15 Thief, character with rank 5 Gun Mastery
- Magic Knight: Level 20 Warrior or Valkyrie, Level 20 Magician or Mage
- Armor Knight: Level 20 Warrior or Valkyrie, character with rank 7 Spear Mastery
- Ninja: Level 20 Martial Artist or Fight Mistress, Level 20 Thief
- Sorcerer: Level 20 Magic Knight, Level 20 Onmyo Monk
- Masked Hero: Level 25 Martial Artist or Fight Mistress, Level 25 Ninja
- Beastmaster: Level 30 Warrior or Valkyrie, use a mounted skill in battle at least once
- Lady Samurai: Level 30 Archer, character with rank 7 Sword Mastery
- Male Angel: Complete Episode 8 OR Level 100 Priest, Level 100 Magic Knight
- Female Angel: Complete Episode 8 OR Level 100 Healer, Level 100 Onmyo Monk
Total minimum requirements to unlock all humanoid classes:
- Level 10 Priest or Healer
- Level 20 Magician or Mage
- Level 20 Thief
- Level 20 Magic Knight
- Level 20 Onmyo Monk
- Level 25 Martial Artist or Fight Mistress
- Level 25 Ninja
- Level 30 Warrior or Valkyrie
- Level 30 Archer
- Use a mounted skill in battle at least once
- Character with rank 5 Bow Mastery
- Character with rank 5 Gun Mastery
- Character with rank 7 Sword Mastery
- Character with rank 7 Spear Mastery
- Complete Episode 8
Unlocking Monster ClassesEdit
As stated previously, monster classes are unlocked by defeating a monster of that type in battle. Below is a list of where each type of monster is encountered for the first time.
- Spirit: Episode 1, Stage 1 "Battle Basics 1"
- Winged Warrior: Episode 1, Stage 1 "Battle Basics 1"
- Slumber Cat: Episode 1, Stage 4 "Nameless Wilderness"
- Lantern: Episode 1, Stage 8 "Filthy Ruins"
- Sludge: Episode 2, Stage 1 "Unmoving Land"
- Undead: Episode 2, Stage 2 "Cold Breath"
- Prinny: Episode 2, Stage 3 "Ice Demon Grave"
- Dragon: Epsiode 2, Stage 4 "Freezing Wind"
- Flora Beast: Episode 2, Stage 5 "Winter Ridicule"
- Gargoyle: Episode 3, Stage 1 "Castle Wall Defense"
- Golem: Episode 3, Stage 4 "Conspiracy Landing"
- Living Armor: Episode 3, Stage 5 "Corridor of Hell"
- Serpent: Episode 4, Stage 3 "Restricted Area"
- Reaper: Episode 5, Stage 1 "Sinful Road"
- Nether Noble: Episode 5, Stage 4 "The Floating Lands"
- Felynn: Episode 6, Stage 1 "Frightening Forest"
- Rifle Demon: Episode 8, Stage 1 "Dark Impact"
- Sea Angel: Episode 8, Stage 2 "Dark Barren Road"
- Succubus: Episode 8, Stage 3 "Vile Black Crystal"
- Great Wyrm: Final Episode, Stage 2 "Ruthless Cave"