Appearance[edit | edit source]
Great Wyrms are depicted as gargantuan bipedal dragons with flames coming out of their backs.
Characteristics[edit | edit source]
Gameplay[edit | edit source]
This class is one of the most powerful in terms of physical might, making them perfect for the front line.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
- Main article: Great Wyrm (Disgaea)
The class itself doesn't appear until rather late in the game (Bonus Stages, Item World and Dark Assembly only); however, the Alt Overlord that appears in the map Writhing Shadow has the sprite of a Great Wyrm. Due their infrequent appearances and great strength, this class is one of the hardest Monster Classes to unlock.
- Main article: Great Wyrm (Disgaea 2)
While not present in Disgaea 2: Cursed Memories, the class appears once again in the PSP version of Disgaea 2: Cursed Memories and Disgaea 2 PC. Great Wyrms are unlocked after Axel beats and recruits a Blue Great Wyrm (dubbed the Greatest Actress Ever) in Axel Mode. The class has gained an ability that boosts the Wyrm's power for every other ally Wyrm out. They can also Magichange into a Axe.
- Main article: Entei (Disgaea D2)
This class returns in Disgaea D2, renamed to Entei. They aren't found until the second stage of chapter 10, though. Their evilities are all fire-related, as well as many of their skills.
- Main article: Dragon King
The class returns in Disgaea 5. Instead of being named as "Great Wyrm", it has the name "Dragon King".
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- In Phantom Brave, a scene shows Scarlet the Brave killing a Great Wyrm. The class itself however doesn't appear in any map. This is the second appearance of the Wyrm in a Nippon Ichi game and the last appearance until Disgaea 2: Dark Hero Days.
- The names of some of the tiers, such as Efreet, Shaitan, and Marid, are types of Jin, well-known creatures in Arabian mythology and lore.