Disgaea Infinite is a spin-off game in the Disgaea series. Unlike the main series titles, Disgaea Infinite is not a strategy RPG but is instead a text-based Visual Novel. The Japanese version was released on the Playstation Network for PSP November 1st, 2009 while the US version was released on June 9th, 2010.
The game stars a Prinny who works in Laharl's Castle. Following a series of unfortunate events, he and the Prinny Squad are accused of attempting to assassinate the Overlord, and Laharl forces them to work without pay. Desperate to avoid the punishment, he gains the aid of TickTock, a talking pocketwatch that allows him to separate his soul from his body. This allows him to Possess other characters and see their thoughts. He later gains the ability to influence them through Mind Control. The game also features a Time Loop feature, letting the player cycle back in time meaning that many events in the game will be time based and will only happen at certain times according to the in-game clock.
- The game's gameplay style is borrowed from another NIS Game Infinite Loop: The Fortress That Gives Dreams".
- This game takes place after the first Disgaea game and before Disgaea 2 & 3.
- For most of the duration of the game, Flonne appears in her "Angel Trainee" uniform as she trains to regain her position as an Angel.
- Two of the endings in the game relate to how Laharl/Etna appear in future games. The "Savor the Pudding" ending gives more detail as to why Etna left Laharl in Disgaea 2: Cursed Memories and the "Etna sucks the Prince!" ending tells the players why Laharl was in the Bottlemail in Phantom Brave.
- If the player takes the path to the good ending you can see Thursday being haged (only to watch the Prism Rangers VS Effort Ninja Gorrillian Blu-Ray).
- Disgaea Infinite Official Japanese Site
- Disgaea Infinite Official English Site
- RosenQueen upcoming purchase information
- Siliconera's Page on the game