|Developer(s)||Nippon Ichi Software|
|Publisher(s)||Nippon Ichi Software|
|Release Date||JP July 26, 2018|
NA October 9, 2018
EU October 12, 2018
AUOctober 19, 2018
|Ratings||CERO: B |
|Input||Dual Shock 4|
It was released to celebrate the 15th anniversary of the series. The game features fully HD sprites and textures based on those from Disgaea 4, D2, and 5. Initially, the game was largely unchanged from PC aside from visuals, but patches have been released that provide small updates and improvements to make the game a smoother experience.
Changes from Disgaea: Hour of DarknessEdit
- All previously added content from Afternoon of Darkness, DS, and PC is included.
- As in all ports following the original game, Etna is voiced by Michelle Ruff instead of Amanda Winn Lee.
- As in all ports following the original game, some songs have been removed due to licensing issues with Atlus, who localised and published the original Disgaea: Hour of Darkness, but have had no involvement with the series since. Such songs include "The Invasion from Within" by Tsunami Bomb, "One With The Stars", and the English version of "Red Moon".
- The game has recieved a complete visual overhaul. Aside from the HD sprites and textures mentioned above, all menus and even the title screen have recieved a sleeker, more modern look.
- Due to the game largely reusing assets from Disgaea 4, Disgaea D2, and Disgaea 5, most classes in the game have visually changed to use their designs from those games instead of their original designs.
- Some classes from the original game that have not made an appearance in any other Disgaea game have been replaced with classes from newer Disgaea games. The Male Thief class has been repleaced by the Female Thief class, the Winged class has been replaced by the Imp class, the Treant class has been replaced by the Shroom class, the Shadow class has been replaced by the Reaper class, the Beast class has been replaced by the Dragon Zombie class, and the Galactic Demon class has been replaced by the Rifle Demon class. These changes are purely visual. All of the new classes retain the stats, aptitudes, and all other attributes of the classes they are replacing.
- Prism Red has recieved increased stats and aptitudes, making him a much more useful character, somewhat on par with other characters. He also has a new unlock condition: on your second cycle or later, a new bill will appear in the Dark Assembly. Simply pass the bill to recruit Prism Red.
- New playable characters: Prism Blue, Prism Yellow, and Asagi. They are unlocked in the same way as Prism Red. Each character has their own bill that you need to pass to recruit them.
- Events and skill animations can now be skipped.
- An additional third camera zoom option was added in battle.
- If a target is moved or killed before a character can execute their action, they will remain free to move and select an action.
- Even if a character has already moved to a new panel (and has not executed an action), they can freely move to any other panel within their range.
- Quitting in battle returns the player to the castle as they were before the battle, as opposed to being returned to the title screen.
- An autosave function has been added.
- Characters' Demon Ranks in the Dark Assembly are no longer reset by Transmigration.
- The maximum level of the Statistician innocent has been raised to 900.