"I will be as cool as Etna, but twice as sexier!"
Help Disgaea: Afternoon of Darkness grow up quickly by expanding this article into a full one, and maybe it can one day be sexier than Etna. Try asking for details on its talk page.
Disgaea: Afternoon of Darkness is a remake of the original PlayStation 2 game Disgaea: Hour of Darkness for the PlayStation Portable handheld system. Afternoon of Darkness was later ported to the DS as Disgaea DS and later still to the PC as Disgaea PC via Steam.
The most notable changes from Hour of Darkness include hidden content revolving around Laharl's primary vassal, Etna, as well as Ad-Hoc WiFi Multiplayer support.
- Battles against: Adell and Rozalin from Disgaea 2: Cursed Memories and Zetta from Makai Kingdom.
- Etna Mode: A story relating what would've happened if Etna killed Laharl at the beginning of the game.
- Item Sales - Allows you to set the price of items you have built & leveled for another player to buy
- Note 1: You do NOT lose the item put up for sale
- Note 2: You do NOT receive HL from these Transactions
- Head-to-Head Battles - Face-off with a friend (or rival) in multiplayer combat!
- Extra mulitplayer features, modes, and options unlock with more play
The UMD for Disgaea: Afternoon of Darkness also includes PSP firmware update v3.51, the minimum required to play this game.
Comparison to Hour of Darkness
- Etna's NA version voice actor has been changed to Michelle Ruff.
- A few exclusive songs were removed.
- Has an option to turn off animation.
- Has the Music Shop
- Has Multiplayer Mode
- Has Etna Mode
- Adell, Rozalin and Zetta are new optional bosses.
- In the last stage in Cave of Ordeal, the Demonhall Mirror is present.
- Purchased songs can be selected for the Item World.
- Counter glitch present
- Glitched items present
- Record Keeper present
- Good graphics quality
- Good audio quality
- Disgaea: Afternoon of Darkness Official Japanese Site
- Disgaea: Afternoon of Darkness Official English Site